A quick an easy recipe to make soft and gooey brownies, and take my words, “it tasted way better then the brownies you would get from bakeries around
¾ cup cocoa powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp espresso powder (optional)
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
¾ cup all purpose flour
1 cup chocolate chips
Zest of one orange (optional, I used it)
1) Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C, slightly grease an 8 by 8 inch square pan or line it with aluminum foil.
2) Take a bowl and add coco powder, salt, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla essence along with the creaked eggs, and mix them till it gets smooth.
3) Set a saucepan over low heat, add in the butter and sugar and stir until butter is melted and the mixture is hot (make sure its not bubbling), it will become shiny looking as you stir it.
4) Add the mixture to the egg and coco mixture and stir until it gets smooth.
5) Add the flour, orange zest, chocolates chips and stir until smooth.
6) Pour the batter in to the pan and bake for about 30-35 minutes. It’s done when a toothpick inserted in the tallest part comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs sticking to it. Do keep in mind we have added chocolate chips in it, if you hit one with the toothpick it will have melted chocolate on it. So poke a couple of spots to make sure you are not hitting the chocolate chips. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting.