An utterly delicious and easy to make cilantro based fish curry. Only a few ingredients are needed to make this curry and it hardly takes 10 minutes to get ready.
1 kg boneless fish (cut in to 2 inch pieces)
1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped (1 cup)
1/2 cup mint leaves
5-6 green chilies
5-6 cloves garlic
1&1/2 tbsp desiccated coconut
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup yogurt
1 large capsicum
1 tsp cumin seeds
3/4 cup oil
1 large onion finely chopped
1&1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
1) Rub 1 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste on fish pieces and let it marinate for 15 minutes.
2) Add chopped fresh coriander, green chilies, lemon juice, salt, mint leaves, desiccated coconut, capsicum and yogurt in a blender and blend it coarsely.
3) Make a paste of cashew nuts.
4) Heat oil in pan, add in the cumin seeds, when they start to splutter add in the onions and fry them lightly.
5) Next add in fish pieces and fry it on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
6) Add in the green paste along with cashew nuts paste and crushed black pepper. Stir it gently, cover then pan and let it cook on medium-low flame for 5 minutes.
7) After 5 minutes turn the flame off. Serve it hot with naan or boiled rice.