Pasta mixed with tender chicken strips, onions, capsicum, zesty tomatoes, and fajita spices....a flavorful quick weeknight meal.
1 packet pasta (400g) (you can use any pasta of your choice)
500 gm chicken
(cut in strips)
1 large green capsicum (thinly sliced)
1 large yellow capsicum (thinly sliced)
3-4 tomatoes (deseeded and cut in thin strips)
2 medium onions (finely sliced)
1 tsp soya sauce
1 & ½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper powder
4-5 garlic cloves (crushed or make paste)
1 tsp cumin seeds (dry roasted and crushed)
1 tsp red chili flakes
4 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1/3 cup oil
1) Mix all the spices in a small bowl. In a bowl add half of the spice mix along with 2 tbsp of lemon juice, chopped garlic, 1tsp soya sauce and chicken strips, mix every thing together and let it rest for 30 minutes
2) Prepare the vegetables, cook the pasta in boiling water according to packet instruction, remove from heat, rinse with cold water, drain and set aside
3) Heat oil in a wok or wide pan, add the chicken strips and fry 3-4 minutes, take the out and keep aside.
4) Add in the capsicum and onions, sauté for 2-3 minutes with frequent stirring.
5) Mix in the pasta along with the remaining spice mix, 2 tbsp of lemon juice and freshly chopped coriander, toss well and heat throughout for 2-3 minutes. Add in the tomatoes, mix with a light hand and turn off the flame. You can eat it as it is or have it sour cream and salsa.
Note: I have only used green capsicum as I could not find red or yellow peppers.