If you like the flavor of bananas then this recipe is surely for you, best part is the crumb topping that melts in your mouth. These muffins are easy to make and great for morning tea.
1 &1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
¾ tsp cinnamon powder
3 bananas (mashed)
½ cup caster sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup melted butter
For crumb topping:
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
2) In a large bowl, mix together cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt.
3) In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. fill the muffin cups with the help of spring-release ice cream scoop. Don’t over fill the liners, fill them about 2/3.
4) In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles, sprinkle topping over muffins.
5) Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let them cool down for 5 minutes in tray before transferring muffins to cooling rack to cool completely.