These cookies are so light and lovely and will literally melt in your mouth. They contain just a few ingredients and are great fun to make, perfect for a cosy afternoon tea. I have added pistachios in but you can totally skip them....
1 & ½ cup (195 gm) all purpose flour
½ cup (60 gm) corn starch
¼ tsp salt
½ cup (60 gm) icing sugar
1 cup (227 gm) butter
1 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1) In a bowl mix together all purpose flour, corn starch and salt
2) In a another bowl beat the butter, vanilla extract and icing sugar until light and smooth (for 2 minutes)
3) Now gradually add in the flour mixture to the butter mixtures and mix until incorporated, add in the pistachios and mix together. Cover and leave it in fridge for an hour.
4) Preheat oven to 350 degrees (177-180C), place rack in centre of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
5) When batter is firm, form into 1 inch balls and place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 1 inch apart. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies just start to brown. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 3-5 minutes.
6) If you want you can dust some icing sugar on top of cookies too once they cool down.