A delicious teatime snack, but difficult to limit yourself to just one. Without a doubt these cookies will leave everyone wanting more. You can make them as outlined in the recipe or try adding in some chocolate chip for an extra kick of flavor. I personally made half of them plain and in the remaining half of the dough I added some chopped chocolate bits…
100 gm butter (room temperature)
130 gm crunchy peanut butter
100 gm caster sugar
100 gm brown sugar
115 gm flour
½ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2-4 drops of almond essence (optional)
1) Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
2) In a separate bowl cream together the butter, brown and white sugar. Beat in the egg and essence.
3) Now gradually add in the flour mixture to the butter mixtures and mix until incorporated together. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 1 hour.
4) When ready to bake preheat to 190 degrees C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. (If you only have 1 baking sheet, let it cool completely between batches.)
5) Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are nicely browned. Take them out of the oven, let them cool down slightly then remove on wire rack.