loved the tangy spicy and creamy Buffalo Chicken Burger the very first time I tired it at Hardee’s. The next time I had the some bad craving to eat it I ended up making it at home and guess what!! It tasted exactly like the Hardee’s one… or may be even better. You will see in the ingredients I have also used ranch dressing, that’s exactly what is used in original recipe of Buffalo Chicken Burger, but here in
Pakistan they use simple
mayonnaise, so choice is yours… you can use either of them, but you gotta try
it to believe it :)
2 chicken Breasts (each cut in half)
1/2 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 tbsp woostershire sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
½ tsp garlic paste
1/2 cup Flour
1/3 cup milk
Oil to fry
1/2 cup buffalo Sauce (Frank’s red hot)
2 tbsp butter
Ranch dressing (or use mayonnaise)
4 burger bun
1) With a tenderizing hammer or rolling pin beat chicken between plastic wrap until it is about 1/2″ thick. Trim flattened chicken until it is a nice round shape that will fit nicely on a bun. Marinate chicken with a bit of salt and pepper, ½ tsp garlic paste, woostershire sauce and vinegar.
2) In one shallow bowl, mix together the flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Put the bread crumbs in a Third bowl.
3) Coat each chicken breast with flour, then with egg and finally with bread crumbs. If you have time then let it rest for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
4) Now heat oil in a frying pan on medium high heat put each chicken piece in pan and cook chicken for a few minutes on each side until lightly browned and cooked.
5) Melt butter in a pan over low heat (or melt it in microwave), add hot sauce to the butter and combine. When the chicken breasts are done, remove from pan and add to the bowl and coat evenly with hot sauce mixture.
6) Spread ranch dressing (or mayonnaise) onto the buns Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and the sauce-coated chicken and enjoy. You can serve it with fries, coleslaw or potato salad.