I had some left over seekh kababs at home, so thought of using them in pizza. You can use any kind of toppings you like, I wanted to keep it simple so I have only used onion, tomato and capsicum along with a few olives. A friend from my Facebook suggested me to add cornmeal in pizza dough for soft, fragrant and crispy pizza crust, I would like to thank her for sharing such a great tip with me ;)
2 &1/2 cups flour
1 tbsp milk powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 & ½ tsp instant yeast
3-4 tbsp oil
½ cup warm water
1) Mix all these ingredients and knead it with warm water till the dough forms. Dough should be soft. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
2) Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth, rub a bit of oil all over the dough, place dough in bowl and cover it.
3) Cover it with a kitchen towel and put it aside for an hour or till it doubles in size. Meanwhile you can prepare the sauce and the toppings and grease the pizza pan
4) Once the dough has doubled in size take it out of the bowl and punch it down. Then knead again for 2-3 minutes, roll it out and spread it on the pizza pan, again cover with a cloth and set aside for 30 minutes. (You can use little flour if you have difficulty in rolling it out.
5) Prick the dough with a fork and bake it for 7-8 minutes in a preheated oven at 180C -200C.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
500 gm tomatoes (pureed)
1/4 cup ketchup
2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
1 tsp red chili flakes
½ tsp black pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 small bay leaf
1 medium onion chopped
1/2 tsp oregano
½ tsp basil
½ tsp crushed fennel seeds
1) Melt butter with the oil in a pan; add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft and transparent. Add the pureed tomato along with all the remaining ingredients and bring to slow simmer.
2) Simmer for 30-60 minutes or till the sauce gets thick and turn off the flame. Remove the bay leaf before spreading the sauce on dough.
1 small onion sliced
1 tomato sliced and deseeded
1 capsicum sliced
5-6 seekh kababs (sliced in to bite size pieces)
7-8 olives slices
Sliced green chilies or some jalapeno slices
1 & 1/2 cup of mozzarella and Cheddar cheese.
Spread 1/3 cup of sauce over the pizza base, followed by 3 tbsp of Cheddar cheese, and then spread the seekh kabab pieces over, followed by sliced, onions, capsicum, tomatoes and olives. Sprinkle rest of the cheese over the toppings (you can also sprinkle some red chili flakes on top) and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (180C-200C). Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Tip: If you also want to add cornmeal in your pizza dough then for every 10 cups of flour you will add 1/1/2 cup of cornmeal.