Doughnuts are popular all over the world; nothing is more scrumptious than a homemade doughnut. While not a healthy dessert but it sure is a wonderful occasional treat. My favorite is chocolate glazed doughnuts with a steaming cup of tea...
Ingredients For Doughnuts
2 &1/2 cups flour
3 tbsp milk powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp caster sugar
1 & ½ tsp instant yeast
3-4 tbsp melted butter or oil
½ cup warm water
For Chocolate Ganache:
¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
½ cup cream
1) Mix all these ingredients and knead it with warm water till the dough forms. Dough should be soft. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
2) Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth, rub a bit of oil all over the dough, place dough in bowl and cover it.
3) Cover it with a kitchen towel and put it aside for an hour or till it doubles in size.
4) Turn the dough out on to a floured surface, now roll out the dough in to ½ inch thickness, cut with a floured doughnut cutter, set them aside and let them rise until they rise again , cover loosely with a cloth.
5) Heat oil in a deep fryer, now slide doughnuts in to hot oil, one at a time, turn them over as they rise to the surface, fry the doughnuts until golden brown, about a minutes on each side. Remember not to over crowd the fryer, removes from oil and drain on paper or a wire rack.
6) While the doughnuts are cooling, make ganache by heating the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat, put chocolate chips in a bowl, once the cream gets heated pour it over chocolate chips and let sit for a couple minutes, and then stir until chocolate is fully melted, and the ingredients are combined.
7) Dip one side of the doughnut into the ganache, and set on a cooling rack, chocolate side up. Dip the remaining doughnuts, and then sprinkle with sprinkles of choice or you can also leave them plain. Enjoy!!!